The Telluride Aids Benefit MISSION
The Telluride AIDS Benefit fights HIV/AIDS by raising awareness and generating financial support for prevention programs and client care.
ABOUT THE TELLURIDE AIDS BENEFIt
- Funds raised by TAB events support beneficiary AIDS Service Organizations in Colorado and Africa. 85% of these funds stay in the state.
- TAB funds are uniquely important to these organizations in that they are unrestricted and can be used to meet patient needs that government funding often won’t allow, such as transportation costs to get to appointments, and many other necessities which are vital to keeping patients linked to care.
- Locally, TAB's programs focus on expanding progressive education opportunities for youth and adults that will result in positive choices about health, acceptance, tolerance and diversity.
The Show & events
The Telluride AIDS Benefit Annual Fashion Show is a show unique to Telluride as only something with 25 year local history can be. It is not your average fashion show — the event has been called a Broadway Pop-Up, Cirque de Soliel meets NY Fashion Week and the premiere event of the Telluride winter season. The all volunteer cast and crew spare no expense their of time and love to raise money for HIV/AIDS.
In Colorado there are over 12,000 people known to be living with HIV/AIDS in Colorado and 32% of new HIV diagnosis in Colorado are youth ages 20-29.
- The current cost of care for one person living with HIV is $3,500 per month and $42,000 per year.
- In Africa, 25.6 million people are currently living with HIV/AIDS, and 39 million people living with HIV/AIDS worldwide.
- 1 in 5 people living with HIV don't know their status.
- TAB is working with partner organizations towards the goal of ZERO new HIV infections in the state of Colorado by 2030. This is an attainable goal.