Local Designers & Wearable Art
Robert Presley, for whom TAB was started, was an incredible local clothing designer. Every year in his honor, TAB continues to support local designers. We invite you to dig deep within your imagination to create looks that are both art and wearable. Please remember that all work is a donation to a great cause.
Rules for Entry
- Complete the entry form HERE.
- Individual entries receive one ticket to the Sneak Peak. Group entries receive two tickets for the Sneak Peak.
- All entries must be original designs.
- All entries must be wearable and able to withstand the rigors of transportation, choreography and repeated wearing during rehearsals and fittings.
- TAB limits designers to no more than 4 entries. If your creations exceed this number due to special circumstances, please contact Kathleen.
- Detail any special needs required for backstage - storage, hanging, etc.
- Every component of your entry must be labeled with your name and the title of your garment.
- You must provide every item that you wish your model to wear e.g. if entering a skirt, there must also be an accompanying top. Consider everything your model needs to wear i.e. nude boob tube, specialist pantyhose and spares.
- Provide clear instructions for wearing – include dressing instructions and an inventory of pieces.
- Loops on skirts / bodices make hanging and storage easier. If a particular hanger is required, please supply it.
- Try wearing your entry and dancing around the house before finalizing construction. Be confident it is not too heavy, unbalanced, uncomfortable or will not hold together.
A TAB Wearable Art Committee will judge all submissions. Entries will be judged on originality, creativity, innovation and construction. TAB retains the right to move garments to different sections of the show and recommend accessory additions and/or deletions. The committee’s decisions are final.
- January 6, 2016 Deadline - Proposals for all garments being submitted
- January 13, 2016 Wearable Art Committee will finalize all decisions and contact accepted designers
- February 3, 2016 All logos for Show Program must be submitted.
- February 13, 2016 All entries must be delivered and ready for fittings.
THINGS TO CONSIDER
- A great concept must be supported with form and design.
- Taking “art off the wall and adorning the moving body” requires you to make your entry integral to the human form.
- Entries that are not constructed soundly enough to withstand being worn up to 20 times may not be considered.
- Make sure the garment is comfortable enough to wear so that it can be choreographed for the model to show it off to its best advantage.
- Entries including dangerous or sharp pieces or unfinished edges that may be harmful to models will not be considered.
- TAB accepts no responsibility for any damage to or loss of entries.
- TAB reserves the right to accept only a portion of your total entries.
- TAB reserves the right to auction entries it chooses upon agreement with the designer.
Contact Kathleen Morgan at email@example.com